cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto Display in 240x320 LCD

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working in Linux Yocto which is booting fine in i.MX6 based custom board.  The Linux version is 3.14.38 The LCD is of low resolution 240x320. The BSP is actually made for 800x480 resolution LCD. The display clarity is just fine after booting . But the icons size is enlarged and all the application components seems to be displaced.

I tried with xrandr scale option but the touch does not seems to work in the scaled portion. Also scaling does not seems to be a better option  because if I manage to make the matchbox to fit within the display area, the icons and font size is very very less , one can hardly manage to see them .

What is the best way to handle this issue. ? Where should I make change to make all the matchbox components to appear in a proper way.?

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjali

for low resolutions lcd one needs to descrease frequency, please look

at suggestions on

Porting LVDS LCD With Low Resolution to i.MX6 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I  had gone through the link provided . When we probed , the DISP_CLK is 7 Mhz. Since we are getting the pixel clock in a low range , I think then the  clock must be fine.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjali

could you try latest bsps described on

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi  Igor,

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of steps to follow according to our User Manual.

I believe, I have used the latest BSP from git using the below commands.

$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.14.38-6QP_ga
 $ repo sync

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjali

please try latest L4.1.15_2.0.0 described on

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi  Igor,

Our customer needs kernel version 3.14.38 only. Is there any display related known issue in linux kernel version 3.14.28?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjali

since L3.14.28 many changes were made to sources, for ldb most important are

described in EB821 LDB Clock Switch Procedure & i.MX6 Asynchronous Clock Switching Guidelines

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/engineering-bulletin/EB821.pdf 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

We tried with an LCD of resolution 480x640. The issue doesnt appear here.

0 Kudos