About Green Power bi-directional commissioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Green Power bi-directional commissioning

mingqianhan
Contributor I

The NXP ZigBee 3.0 stack states the support for green power bi-directional commissioning.

I tested it with JN-AN-1218 and creates a combo basic bulb application. Then I use a green power occupancy sensor (per my observation it is not listed in the gp device list in stack), and add its device id to the default translation table.

The sensor uses bi-directional commissioning. The bulb acts as a sink and starts the commissioning.

Here is what I find:

sensor: channel request -> get channel configuration from bulb

sensor: commissioning -> no commissioning reply GPDF sent by the bulb

I find there is GP response with commissioning reply as command payload, but no commissioning reply GPDF sent.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mingqianhan
Contributor I

After some checks, I found in vAddRemoveBufferedTxQMsg,  pZPSEvent->uEvent.sApsZgpDataConfirmEvent.u8Status = 3, which means some error perhaps because it is not equal to MAC_ENUM_SUCCESS.

But I do not know what error is identified by 3.

Please kindly help.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mingqian Han,

Just to confirm, could you please confirm if you did the 2.2 Configuration for Bi-directional Commissioning?

Did you follow the commissioning process for this case ?

1.6.3  Source Node in Bi-directional Commissioning Mode

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3095.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

Also, you are getting 3 because the ENTRY_EXPIRED. But could you please explain the process that you are following

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mingqianhan
Contributor I

Thanks Mario for your reply.

I am using JN-SW-4170 ZigBee-3.0 stack, and the related document I follow is JN-UG-3119, but I think it should be simliar to JN-UG-3095.

I am using the app_GP.zpscfg which is included in JN-AN-1218 (which I call it NXP bulb later). I am using the DimmableLight build, and as you suggested I checked that in the configuration, both Green Power Tx Queue and Green Power Security Table are enabled.

I have successfully commissioned a green power switch, which uses uni-directional commissioning, and the bulb can be controlled by it.

The problem is with green power occupancy sensor. In teGP_ZgpdDeviceId enumeration, which is defined in GreenPower.h within stack, I find occupancy sensor is not included, thus I wonder the support of it.

But I think as long as the sensor uses standard green power commissioning procedures, it should be as well supported by the NXP stack.

As I previously described, it uses bi-directional commissioning, which I think is the same process as described in 1.6.3 of the document.

First, I make the NXP bulb into the GP commissioning mode. The NXP bulb is the GP combo basic.

Then, I trigger the sensor to commission.

With the help of sniffer, I can check the sensor first sends out several channel requests, which is handled by the NXP bulb sending back the channel configuration.

After receiving the channel configuration, the sensor sends out a series of GP commissioning commands, which seems not responded by NXP bulb.

For the first several GP commissioning commnds sent by the sensor, I can see the NXP bulb broadcasting a GP response several times, whose payload is GP commissioning reply (ZCL frame),  but I do not see any GP commissioning reply (which should be GPDF) sent out by the NXP bulb.

Because of not receiving GP commissioning reply, the sensor continuously broadcasts GP commissioning commands, which results in the NXP bulb broadcasting GP commissioning notification whose payload is the GP commissioning command, but this time there is not anymore GP response with GP commissioning reply as payload.

I am stuck in this situation. I researched the stack code, but till now does not have more clues why it is as is.

I would appreciate of any ideas.

0 Kudos