Problem with the QorIQ SKD 1703: When I go through the motions to customize the kernel, I get a circular symlink to the kernel sources in build_ls1012ardb/tmp/work/ls1012ardb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git for the RDB and I think for the FRDM as well.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the QorIQ SKD 1703: When I go through the motions to customize the kernel, I get a circular symlink to the kernel sources in build_ls1012ardb/tmp/work/ls1012ardb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git for the RDB and I think for the FRDM as well.

hardsoft
Contributor II

Following the steps in the SDK Manual "3.3.2 Customize Linux Kernels" I reproducably get a circular symlink to the kernel sources. In fact, before I do these commands, the kernel source exists in that spot. Afterwards it is replaced by a symlink to a symlink to itself.

kernel-source -> $HOME/yocto-qoriq-sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1012ardb/tmp/work/ls1012ardb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git

git -> $HOME/yocto-qoriq-sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1012ardb/tmp/work-shared/ls1012ardb/kernel-source

What I do is follow this to the letter:

Getting Started
Additional Instructions for Developers
1. $ bitbake -c cleansstate virtual/kernel
2. $ bitbake -c patch virtual/kernel

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at attached screenshot.

It looks like that there is a problem in your SDK.

Remove SDK.

Install SDK 2.0 again.

Install 1703 patch.

Issue he following command: . fsl-setup-env -m ls1012ardb

Issue $ bitbake -c cleansstate virtual/kernel

Issue $ bitbake -c patch virtual/kernel

Source kernel is available using the following path:

QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1012ardb/tmp/work/ls1012ardb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos