cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make boot SD card on P1020RDB-PD Board

Jump to solution
xupeng
Contributor II

As the title,Now I want to boot from SD card.

Recording to SDK V1.8,first I changed the switch 1-6 to 001001.

Secondly:I made a boot SD card in ubuntu14.04 by using fdisk,I program u-boot.bin in 0x100.

Thirdly:I insert the SD card in my P1020RDB-PD board,boot up,failed!

So,my question: Is the start address in SD card wrong or my method wrong?

If anyone knows the way to make a boot SD card,Please tell me!

Thakn you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

An SD card used for booting should contain a specific data structure that consists of control words, device configuration information, and a boot loader, such as a U-Boot image. Please see how to prepare boot SD card in application note Booting from On-Chip ROM (eSDHC or eSPI)

http://cache.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3659.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

An SD card used for booting should contain a specific data structure that consists of control words, device configuration information, and a boot loader, such as a U-Boot image. Please see how to prepare boot SD card in application note Booting from On-Chip ROM (eSDHC or eSPI)

http://cache.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3659.pdf

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos