im keep getting ARM_USART_EVENT_RX_OVERFLOW error what should i do?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im keep getting ARM_USART_EVENT_RX_OVERFLOW error what should i do?

Jump to solution
navidansari
Contributor III

hi

there is a board that use stm32f0 that sending data via rs485 and i have a board that use lpc1768 that use adm485 as rs485 ic

every 400 ms stm board send me a few byte information and i see it in oscope but in lpc1768 i keep getting this error ARM_USART_EVENT_RX_OVERFLOW

why is that?

can ADM485 5v output to MCU be cause of problem?

what do u think?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello navid ansari,

1. error ARM_USART_EVENT_RX_OVERFLOW

I don't know what the code you are using?

If you get the error ARM_USART_EVENT_RX_OVERFLOW, from the name, it should be caused by you didn't read the RX buff, then the new data come in again, it caused the problem.

But for the details, I need to check your code.

2. can ADM485 5v output to MCU be cause of problem?

From the datasheet, we can get that, the max input voltage is 5V.

pastedImage_1.png

So, you need to check your output voltage to the MCU, whether it is higher than 5V, because 5V already the max data.

3. 485 code

Just as what I have replied you in your another post, you can refer to the sample code which I shared with you.

how to clear buffer in usart1 lpc1768? 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello navid ansari,

1. error ARM_USART_EVENT_RX_OVERFLOW

I don't know what the code you are using?

If you get the error ARM_USART_EVENT_RX_OVERFLOW, from the name, it should be caused by you didn't read the RX buff, then the new data come in again, it caused the problem.

But for the details, I need to check your code.

2. can ADM485 5v output to MCU be cause of problem?

From the datasheet, we can get that, the max input voltage is 5V.

pastedImage_1.png

So, you need to check your output voltage to the MCU, whether it is higher than 5V, because 5V already the max data.

3. 485 code

Just as what I have replied you in your another post, you can refer to the sample code which I shared with you.

how to clear buffer in usart1 lpc1768? 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

navidansari
Contributor III

thanks that was problem 

0 Kudos