Jump to solution
navidansari
Contributor III

hi

i receive this error on lpc1768

ARM_USART_EVENT_RX_OVERFLOW

in api it says Receive data overflow

why should it overflow?everything is right on oscope

this usart connected to ADM485 that its output level is 5v and i maybe noise on input of ADM485 is leveled up and make this error happen?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi navid ansari,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.
I'd highly recommend you to refer the RS485 demo in the ~\lpc407x_8x_177x_8x\lpc407x_8x_177x_8x\Examples\UART after the library installed. The demo illustrate how to use RS485 functionality on UART of LPC1788 Develop Kit, and Fig 1 is the sch of the RS485 transceiver.
pastedImage_7.png
Fig 1
You can download the library via the link below.
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi navid ansari,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.
I'd highly recommend you to refer the RS485 demo in the ~\lpc407x_8x_177x_8x\lpc407x_8x_177x_8x\Examples\UART after the library installed. The demo illustrate how to use RS485 functionality on UART of LPC1788 Develop Kit, and Fig 1 is the sch of the RS485 transceiver.
pastedImage_7.png
Fig 1
You can download the library via the link below.
Have a great day,

TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

navidansari
Contributor III

thanks allot 

0 Kudos