cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning 2 LVDS clocks phase in dual-display dual-stream mode

michaelchan
Contributor I

Hi Everyone,

My application will play back 2 video streams, displaying through 2 LVDS output.  2 streams have the same format and they are both at 1366x768 30Hz.  I have a need to make those 2 LVDS clock synchronized and actually phase aligned. Clock edge aligned. I am considering using  i.MX 6 Dual/Qual. . I wonder if 2 IPU/LVDS channels being  started at the same time will guarantee this clock alignment. Please shed some light.

Thanks you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

michaelchan
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. In my opinion, it is difficult but still possible. My theory is that if the  2 raster engines having the same resolution and frame rate, be started at the same time down to the resolution of one serial clock. I guess it needs  tailor make of the driver and need deeper understand of the H/W.

Thanks!

Michael

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

I am afraid there is no way to guarantee clock alignment between two LVDS channels
as these channels are independent from each other.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos