apsihvonen
Contributor I

I edited fsl-goriq.conf to 

GCCVERSION_qoriq-arm64 = "linaro-4.9"

to 

GCCVERSION_qoriq-arm64 = "linaro-5.2.0"

did the 

bitbake fsl-toolchain

NOTE: preferred version linaro-5.2.0 of gcc-cross-aarch64 not available (for item virtual/aarch64-fsl-linux-gcc)
NOTE: versions of gcc-cross-aarch64 available: 4.8.4 4.9.2 5.2.0 linaro-4.8 linaro-4.9

Is it possible to have up to date gcc for my system?

-aps

0 Kudos
9 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello AP Sihvonen,

You could download GCC 5.2 recipes from http://git.linaro.org/openembedded/meta-linaro.git/tree/meta-linaro-toolchain/recipes-devtools/gcc, and copy them in the folder sources/meta-linaro/meta-linaro-toolchain/recipes-devtools/gcc/.

please modify the file meta-freescale/conf/distro/fsl-qoriq.conf as the following.
GCCVERSION_qoriq-arm64 = "linaro-5.2"
BINUVERSION_qoriq-arm64 = "linaro-2.25"
GLIBCVERSION_qoriq-arm64 = "linaro-2.20"
GDBVERSION_qoriq-arm64 = "7.10.1+fsl"

Then build the binary Toolchain with the command "bitbake fsl-toolchain", the Toolchain is deployed in build_<board>/tmp/sysroots/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/aarch64-fsl-linux.

In addition, in the latest LSDK release, we will stop using Yocto and release SDK based on Ubuntu Linux system, which integrates Toolchain GCC 5.4, probably you could consider to use it.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

apsihvonen
Contributor I

Hello Yiping Wang,

I realised that I need still newer than 5.2. So I tried 5.3 and 6.3, 5.4 was not available :(. All goes fine until I bitbake. It hangs on fetching for hours both 5.3 and 6.3.

0: gcc-source-linaro-5.3-linaro-5.3-r2016.05 do_fetch (pid)

-aps

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello AP Sihvonen,

I checked gcc 5.3 source code git tree from gcc-linaro-5.3.inc\gcc\recipes-devtools\meta-linaro-toolchain - meta-linaro.git - Linaro layer for O...  There is no problem.

Please check whether there is networking connection problem with your PC, please check whether you can clone the git tree.

$ git clone git://git.linaro.org/toolchain/gcc.git

$ git branch -r origin/linaro-local/releases/linaro-5.3-2016.05

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

apsihvonen
Contributor I

Cannot clone for some reason. I tried several mirrors that are listed in the .inc file nothing. Everything else downloads nicely except linaro.x-x

yours,

AP Sihvonen

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello AP Sihvonen,

I am transcending this package tar ball to you, please pay attention to your email box.

Please download it and put it in "downloads" folder.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

apsihvonen
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the file. I tried to download it

Error -996: Data retrieval was aborted because you are not approved to

retrieve data from Freescale. You must be registered and

approved to retrieve data from Freescale. Please contact

ÀË .? (ÀË .?) concerning this

problem. ÀË .?'s manager can perform approval.

For additional details about the approval process, retrieve

documentation using Intercom by typing 'icom -r approval.txt'.

yours,

AP Sihvonen

does 5.3 provide libstdc++.so.6.0.22 ?

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello AP Sihvonen,

Please download this package from gcc-linaro-5.3-2016.05.tar.gz - Google Drive.

It seems that libstdc++.so.6.0.22 is provided in GCC 6.x, you could download GCC 6.x recipes from gcc\recipes-devtools\meta-linaro-toolchain - meta-linaro.git - Linaro layer for OpenEmbedded. 

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

apsihvonen
Contributor I

Hi,

I tried 6.3 but the same problem. I could not download from any source.

aps

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please try to download it from gcc-linaro-6.3-2017.02.tar.gz - Google Drive.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos