Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Device Tree Blob Target

Jump to solution
danielbujak
Contributor III

Hi All,

When I build the images for my custom board based on the imx6ul, I still get a imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb file generated. I'd like to change the target to create a imx6ul-customboard.dtb and be able to modify the source files to match my board layout. I think I should create a copy of all the imx6ul-14x14-*.dts files and rename them imx6ul-customboard-*.dts and then modify those to meet my needs. However, I'm unsure where in the build configs I should be specifying which device tree source to build into the image. Do I just set the BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_INTREE_DTS_NAME?

Is there any device tree customization guide available, or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi danielbujak,

Device tree is an extensive topic. The following document explains how to customize a device tree. In this case the Udoo board is used.

Basic Device Tree for the Udoo Board 

For general information about device Tree you may take a look to the links provided at the end of this post:

32Khz clock on CCM_CLKO2 (SD1_WP) 

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi danielbujak,

Device tree is an extensive topic. The following document explains how to customize a device tree. In this case the Udoo board is used.

Basic Device Tree for the Udoo Board 

For general information about device Tree you may take a look to the links provided at the end of this post:

32Khz clock on CCM_CLKO2 (SD1_WP) 

Best regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos