Is there a way to calculate the NFC antenna "Series Equivalent Circuit" using only math equations and without using any measurement device like network analyzer?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to calculate the NFC antenna "Series Equivalent Circuit" using only math equations and without using any measurement device like network analyzer?

mahmoudtolba
Contributor I

It's my first time to design an NFC reader and I'm following the instructions in the AN1445 application note because I'm planning to use MFRC522 chip and I'm planning to design a rectangular antenna so I used the equations to calculate the inductance of the antenna.

And According to NXP documents, the antenna loop has to be connected to an impedance or network analyzer at 13.56 MHz to measure the series equivalent components.

I have no access to an impedance or network analyzer so I'm trying to measure the series equivalent circuit using math equations but I didn't find any equations to calculate Rs, Rp in order to calculate Ra.

Is it applicable or I need to have an access to a network analyzer?

And for measuring C0, I don't know how to determine the self-resonance frequency of the antenna without using a network analyzer or an oscilloscope, can I measure it with math equations or I need to have an access to a network analyzer or an oscilloscope?

Could you please help me with that issue?

#NFC MFRC522

0 Kudos
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahmoud,

We provide 2 excel files to customer for matching calculations of antenna, see attachment, please!

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos