AnsweredAssumed Answered

No UART transmission LPC1343

Question asked by David de Bethel on Jul 13, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2017 by Kerry Zhou

I am trying to get the UART working on the LPC1343 at chip level and I have the PIO1_6 and PIO1_7 connected to an FTDI device which is plugged into my PC running putty.  When I run the board level ring buffer example the UART is working and I see the output in putty, but when I try my chip level code, nada!

I created a project using the wizard and then added the following lines of code:

Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON,IOCON_PIO1_6,(IOCON_FUNC1 | IOCON_RESERVED_BIT_6 | IOCON_RESERVED_BIT_7 | IOCON_MODE_INACT));

Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON,IOCON_PIO1_7,(IOCON_FUNC1 | IOCON_RESERVED_BIT_6 | IOCON_RESERVED_BIT_7 | IOCON_MODE_INACT));

Chip_UART_Init(LPC_USART);
Chip_UART_SetBaud(LPC_USART, 115200);
Chip_UART_TXEnable(LPC_USART);

val = Chip_UART_Send(LPC_USART, "Test\n", 5);

after completion the returned value is 1 and i would have expected 5 as this is how many should have been placed into the buffer.

When I step through the code I can see the various characters being moved in but nothing is coming out of the terminal application?

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I have missed please? I am new to LPCopen having previously doen everything at register level using CMSIS only.

Outcomes