Reg:How to enable SPI NOR boot for i.MX53 (M25P16-VMN6)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:How to enable SPI NOR boot for i.MX53 (M25P16-VMN6)

varalakshmiperi
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using the IMX53_custom board with u-boot version u-boot-v2009.08 and kernel (linux-2.6.38) .

I used the sf command in the u-boot-v2009.08 that comes with LTIB, 'sf' command and the ability to configure SPI-NOR flash(M25P16-VMN6) as the environment space doesn't work for me.we need to load the uboot image into spi-nor flash and booting from that flash but it is not happening.can any one give the suggestion for this

regards,

P.varalakshmi

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The about the SPI-NOR design and boot you can refer to the SABRE Platform for Tablets|NXP our i.MX53SMD board. The M25P32-VMW6TG is used on the i.MX53SMD board. When you finnished your porting BPS for your board. You can use the mfgtool to download the u-boot to SPI-NOR. In the mfgtool script you can see the :

<LIST name="MX53SMD-SPI_NOR" desc="Choose SPI-NOR as media">

You can refer to it.

About all the documents, software and tools are here SABRE Platform for Tablets|NXP .

Hope this can do help for you.

Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

varalakshmiperi
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for you'r reply.We downloaded that Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.048 ver and connected our board it is not detecting the usb device .we tried to download the freescale i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device but it is not available .can you please send the link or USB driver for imx53.

Thank you.

0 Kudos