PF0100 PMIC Current Draw

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF0100 PMIC Current Draw

davidkearney
Contributor II

Hi, quick question regarding the PF0100. I'm trying to determine what the max current draw will be due to the IC's internal circuitry from VIN (Pin 50). i.e. Ignoring all the switch modes / LDOs etc, what is the max the IC itself will draw? I can't seem to find this info in the data sheet or app notes. Am trying to determine how much current I need to source at pin 50 and specs for components around this supply.

Many Thanks,

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Internal power consumption of the PMIC relates to such parameter as Efficiency, generally

provided in the PMIC Datasheet.

Also, please look at the following

Regarding efficiency of MC34PF3000A7EP PMIC 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidkearney
Contributor II

Thanks Yuri. But you are talking about the efficiency of the regulators. VIN (Pin 50) just powers the internal circuitry of the PMIC, no? The Switching regulators and the LDOs all have their own dedicated supplies which will provide this current. I am just interested in the current draw through VIN (pin 50) - maybe we can call it the Quiescent current - the IC current draw without any loading?

Many Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

from the PF0100 Datasheet : "The buck regulators as well as the boost regulator are supplied

directly from the main input supply (VIN)."

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos