I am facing issue with startup of MPC5645s. I am able to run my application code on the micro using debugger but when I flash it and try to run (without debugger) then it does not start.
Any idea what could be the issue?
what does it means does not star?
It stays in reset?
is stuck in program?
Do you service watchdog?
- It does not start to run but it does run when executed with emulator.
- It looks like so, We are investigating that. But question is, if it is in Reset, it should not have run from emulator too but it runs perfectly as expected.
- No, it is not periodical. It is not that it start and stops. It does not start at all.
- No. If it was stuck in program, at list power LED should have turned at least once. It does not start at all.
- It is disabled at the moment to bring up the functionality.
So let me summarize:
1. It is not running as standalone. Correct?
2. You don't know if device stay in reset or no. -> check Reset_B pin.
3. Did you check it with scope to verify if it is not periodical?
4. Watchdog is disabled by debugger, but if you do not disable/service it in your startup the device will end up in reset escalation.
Anyway, if you are able to connect with debugger after failure in standalone mode you can check RGM FES/DES registers to find reset root cause.
I can check your code if you can share your binary with me.
PS: You mismatch the meaning of debug probe and emulator.
Retrieving data ...