Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX7 pin mux/Linux: move peripherals to different pins

Jump to solution
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Hello!

At the moment, Linux+Software is running on the SABRE board. The software in use accesses many peripheral interfaces. The SABRE pin mux differs quite a lot from the final pin mux setup that will be used for our custom hardware.

What happens if I change the pin configuration of the MX7? Especially, what happens to interfaces that are already used by the current software but will be mapped to different pins?

As the Signal/Data flow could be described as

Software <-> HW Interface <-> pin mux <-> pin

changing the pin configuration should only affect 'pin mux <-> pin'. In this case, no software/Linux adjustments should be necessary?

How does the MX7 learn about its new pin configuration?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars,

> How does the MX7 learn about its new pin configuration?

It is through the Device Tree. This is a quite extensive topic. In the following thread I explain a simple pin configuration example and recommend some links.

32Khz clock on CCM_CLKO2 (SD1_WP) 

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars,

> How does the MX7 learn about its new pin configuration?

It is through the Device Tree. This is a quite extensive topic. In the following thread I explain a simple pin configuration example and recommend some links.

32Khz clock on CCM_CLKO2 (SD1_WP) 

Best regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos