cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth FRDM-KW41Z

jalalbeladel
Contributor II

Hello,

I have two transceivers "FRDM KW41Z" coupled by Bluetooth. Just like the video. Now I want to know! where was implemented the stability of the frequency in the C code. Here I mean that the two transceivers communicate on the same frequency.

thanks

10 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please tell me what video are you referring to? Which example are you using?

If you download the latest SDK from the MCUXpresso web page, you will find a folder full of documentation of  BLE.

Best Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

jalalbeladel
Contributor II

Hello,

thanks for your answer. i mean the BLE+Thread Video: http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/freedom-development-boards...

I mean the frequency and the time where the flags jump...

Best regards,

jalal

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Sorry for the late response, which flags and frequency are you refering to ? 

If you take a look at the code you will be able to see that you can chnage the Thread channels in the app_thread_config.h  and to perform a channnel change in BLE you can see the ble_controller_task_config.h. 

I also recomend you to take a look at the documentation available in the release for more information about the example. 

Best Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

jalalbeladel
Contributor II

Hello,

thanks for your answer, i mean the frequency hopping

Best Regards

jalal

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

That is done by the PHY, but you can check and set the channels as I mentioned you before. 

Best Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

jalalbeladel
Contributor II

hello,

thanks for your Answer but i have a problem. i'm looking for how the transceiver communicate with each other. I mean the Setting of the frequency. Who can i find it.

Best Regards,

jalal

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Sorry but I'm not understanding your concern. 

The KW41 it's integrated  with a 2.4 GHz transceiver supporting Bluetooth®Smart/Bluetooth®Low Energy (BLE) v4.2, Generic FSK, IEEE® 802.15.4 and Thread.

As you might know BLE and Thread have channels to be configured and to communicate, those can be changed in the files I mentioned you before.

What do you need that frequency for ? 

Best Regards, 

Estephania 

jalalbeladel
Contributor II

Hello Estephania,

Thanks for your Help! I'm a beginner at nxp ! The transceiver transmits messages on several frequencies. I want to send only to one frequency. How should I adjust this?

I hope you understand what I mean.

thanks

Jalal

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You can set the frequencies with the channels you choose for Thread. 

You can use the channels from the 11 to the 25 in Thread, each channel changes the frequency by adding 0.005 

ChannelFrequency (GHz)

Is that what you were trying to change? 

Best Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

jalalbeladel
Contributor II

hello,

thanks a lot for your Answer. It was very helpful. Now i want to transmitt a continuous wave.. how can i ajust this at the carrier.

thank you very much

Best Regards

jalal