AnsweredAssumed Answered

Audio Capture Problem

Question asked by Bandaru Lavanya on Jul 10, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 by igorpadykov

Hi All,

we are using wm8960 audio codec in 3.14.28 kernel version it's working fine from the command line if i am recording using arecord -f S16_LE -r 44100 audio.wav

And even using gstreamer pipeline also it's working fine.

we require the mixing of audio, video  using gstreamer

gst-launch-1.0 -e imxv4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! queue ! vpuenc ! h264parse ! mux. alsasrc ! queue ! audioconvert ! voaacenc ! mux. mp4mux name=mux ! filesink location='test.mp4'

it is also working fine when we are implementing same thing from the source it's working some time only, But with the same source we are recording only audio or only video it's not giving any problem.

Only in the case of both audio and video together it's giving problem in audio so that it's not recording any thing i found that after starting audio it's entering in the following functions of pcm.c

In working case:

continuously getting the print of "snd_pcm_common_ioctl1" from sound/core/pcm_native.c and executing the case        " case SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_SYNC_PTR:"

Non working case:

initial very less time got "snd_pcm_common_ioctl1" after some time it's entered 6 to 7 times in        

"case SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DELAY:" and from there entered in to the " case SNDRV_PCM_STATE_SUSPENDED:"  of snd_pcm_delay function. how can i solve the issue.

If any one worked on these things kindly help me to sort it out.

Thanks & Regards,

Lavanya

Outcomes