cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Address Mapping Using Linker Script in JN5169 MCU

vinitmehta
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using JN5169 for smart energy profile application.I want to store configuration data in flash by creating custom section.

In order to achieve this i have successfully store the data into JN5169 flash using external interface.I had verified the contents using JN Flash Programmer utility by dumping the bytes in text file.

But however i am somehow not able to map the absolute address with real address using linker script.I had tried to write the data using appropriate offset from start of flash address.But these data is not fetched in application.

Any help regarding how to access flash data using linker script shall be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vinit,

You can use part of the EEPROM to store their own data by interfacing with the Persistent Data Manager (PDM). Optionally, the PDM can also store data in an external memory.

Access to the EEPROM is via registers mapped into the Flash and EEPROM registers region of the address map.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

vinitmehta
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the reply.

What i have understand is i can store the configuration data in the JN5169 eeprom.Once stored, this data can be retrived in the application using EEPROM registers region of address map.If this is correct than can you please advise some document that details this registers information as well as flashing eeprom by the means of some external mechanism.

Many Thanks,

Vinit

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vinit,

Could you please refer to the 2.3.1 Saving Data to EEPROM?

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3116.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=4&pageNum=1 

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos