cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX Lite & Logical Devices Drivers components

ericlefevre
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using CW for MCUs and I'm trying to add a MQX Lite component to a BareBoard (Coldfire V2) project.

Unfortunately, the "Operating Systems" & "Logical Device Drivers" components are not available in the "Components Library" when the project is opened, they only appear when the project is closed.

Any idea why ?

Thanks

Eric

5 Replies

ericlefevre
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the info.

I'll try to use it the best way

Best Regards

Eric LEFEVRE

ericlefevre
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your help, and of course your answer is helpful.

Nevertheless MQX integration for ColdFire V2 MCUs was available in old (Classical) versions of CodeWarrior (5.9.0 for example). So, I think you mean that there's no more MQX integration for ColdFire V2 MCUs in recent (I'm using CW 10.7 ECLIPSE based) versions of CodeWarrior. In that case, it should be possible to "manually" add MQX or MQX Lite to such a project, do you think I'm right ?

Best Regards

Eric LEFEVRE

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric,

MQX Lite RTOS only supports Kinetis E, K, L and V Series devices.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

ericlefevre
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your help, and of course your answer is helpful.

Nevertheless MQX integration for ColdFire V2 MCUs was available in old (Classical) versions of CodeWarrior (5.9.0 for example). So, I think you mean that there's no more MQX integration for ColdFire V2 MCUs in recent (I'm using CW 10.7 ECLIPSE based) versions of CodeWarrior. In that case, it should be possible to "manually" add MQX or MQX Lite to such a project, do you think I'm right ?

Best Regards

Eric LEFEVRE

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric,

I just referred to the MQX Lite RTOS component for Processor Expert, this component does not support the ColdFire devices, it only supports Kinetis E, K, L and V Series devices. On the other hand, the last MQX classic release (4.2.0) does support the TWR-MCF52259 Development Kit, I would recommend you to use this software package for your development. You can find more information here:

MQX™ Classic Software Solutions|NXP 

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/release-note/MQX-Release-Notes-4.2.pdf 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos