cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A RCW override problem

hwei
Contributor III

Hi there,

Recently I tried to use CodeWarrior to override RCW on our customized board and got some trouble.

We are using a Rev2 LS1021A, and there is only NAND flashes for booting up, the hardware has been verified.

While I follow the instructions to connect to the processor, it fails every time.  This board is configured to load RCW from NAND but due to nothing on the NAND flash, the processor will keep resetting. The CW fails to connect to the processor, I don't know if  it's possible to do it in such a condition.

The CodeWarrior 10.0.7 is configured to connect to OCRAM, the JTAG configuration file is modified from LS1021AQDS, and I always get the result :

Error message: Cable disconnected (target power not detected)

Any advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This error says that the prob tip cable is not connected between CWTAP and board.

Adrian

0 Kudos

hwei
Contributor III
addiyi,

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is my board keep resetting due to fail to read RCW from NAND Flash, which is blank, and there is no enough time for the CW to connect to the board to make the RCW override happenBut without the RCW override, the processor will keep resetting.

There are posts on successful RCW override on SPI flash and other boot devices, but is there some way to make it on NAND flash? Or is it possible to do that?

Thanks
0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should use RCW override from CW. Please take a look at Chapter 8.2 Using a JTAG configuration file to override RCW, from \Freescale\CW4NET_v2017.03\CW_ARMv7\ARMv7\Help\PDF\

Adrian

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

Hi Adrian,

where can I find this folder

\Freescale\CW4NET_v2017.03\CW_ARMv7\ARMv7\Help\PDF\

Thanks

0 Kudos

hwei
Contributor III

addiyi

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed the instructions in "Chapter 8 JTAG Configuration Files" and it didn't work.

As the LS1021A reference manual chapter 4.4.1 indicates the processor will keep resetting while it fail to load RCW from IFC NAND. 

The processor keeps resetting while booting up and I didn't seen the CW successfully connect to the processor in the console log.

I don't know how the RCW override works. Does it require the CW & TAP to connect to the processor to get everything setup?

Thanks

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you provide a ccs verbose log (issue 'log v' command in ccs console) while CW is trying to connect to the board using RCW override?

Adrian

0 Kudos

hwei
Contributor III

addiyi

Below is ccs console log:

CCSAPI connection #1 accepted from localhost at Wed Jul 19 14:04:35 2017
check_min_version(serverh=0,*version)
api version: 00000004 00000006
get_connection_count(serverh=0,cc_index=0,*count)
count:1
available_connections(serverh=0,*count,*cc)
connections: {0,73,0xa9fe1a53}
cc_version(serverh=0,cc_index=0,index=0,*version)
get_config_chain(serverh=0,cc=0)
config_server(config_reg=0,config_data=0x00002710)
config_chain(serverh=0,cc=0,count=3,*devlist,*generic)
devlist: ls1020a,dap,sap2
ERROR(4): Cable disconnected (target power not detected)
CCSAPI connection #1 from localhost closed at Wed Jul 19 14:04:36 2017

The RUN/PAUSE led on the CWTAP keeps changing from RED to OFF as the processor resetting. 

Thanks

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check the connection between the board and CWTAP, since the error message is Cable disconnected (target power not detected). Also, check the power on jtag connected from the board.

Adrian

0 Kudos

hwei
Contributor III

addiyi

There is no problem with the CW TAP, it has been verified and used in other projects. The "RUN/PAUSE" led will be red if it connects to the processor.

It just cannot successfully make the RCW override on the board which boots from a blank NAND flash.

As I said, the LS1021A processor keeps resetting, due to the blank NAND, so the CW TAP will lose the connection continuously.

Is it possible to make the RCW override in this condition?

Does it need to keep the CW TAP connection to the processor?

Thanks

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, this is the scope of RCW override, to get out the processor from reset. But until you resolve the error from ccs, Cable disconnected, CWTAP will not be able to connect to the processor.

Adrian

0 Kudos