AnsweredAssumed Answered

Patched header files don't show up in SDK

Question asked by Florentin Bourge on Jul 6, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 by Florentin Bourge

Hi,

My thread makes reference to this article :Patched J1939 header files don't show up in SDK , by Craig Denson

It seems to be the nearest question asked before on this forum but I don't understand responses.

I modified the driver serial_8250.c and serial_8250.h into my remote kernel sources (it compiles and exec without troubles).

Now, I want to include the "serial_8250.h" from these custom kernel sources into a testing application in order to reuse some structures and definitions. After that, I realize that all the linux headers used by GCC in order to Cross Compile my testing application was coming from the "linux-libc-headers" path : (tmp/work/ppc64e5500-fsl-linux/linux-libc-headers/4.1-r0/sysroot-destdir/usr/include/linux/) and these headers doesn't complies with my custom kernel sources. Actually, whitout considering my modification on the serial_8250, there is a lot of difference between these two headers directory.

How can I include my custom linux kernel header into my application ? Probably by modifying the application yocto recipe in order to add the relative path to my linux kernel sources ?

thank you !

Florentin

Outcomes