cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting KBOOT v2.0.0 to K40

cynthiabriones
Contributor I

Hello,

I've been trying to port the KBOOT v2.0.0 for the device MK40DX256VLQ10, I followed the steps in the Kinetis Bootloader v2.0.0 reference manual and I'm still not able to successfully port the bootloader, I would really appreciate it if you can help me.

1) What criteria should I follow in order to find the closest match to K40, should I try to find one that has the same flash, SRAM, or uart interfaces? that is still unlcear to me. The one I used was MKV31F25612. Which MCU is the best option to port KBOOT to K40?

2) Where can I find the CMSIS-compatible packages? Should I get them from:

Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Config\PE\CPE\wizard_data\wizards\kds

or

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\platform\devices

or download an SDK from Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools.

3) I'm trying to use UART5 instead of UART0, according to the reference manual I need to change the .instance number in peripherals_<device>.c in order to use another UART peripheral and then change the pins to be used in peripherals_pinmux.h. Is that all I need to do in order to use UART5 instead of the UART0?

I'm using KDS and Jlink. 

I'm getting the following error in KinetisFlashTool: 

Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.).

I tested the UART interface with a simple UART driver I made and I can successfully communicate to the PC using UART5. However when I try to use KBOOT the communication is not successfull, I think this might be because the UART peripheral is not being initialized correctly or because the reference MCU I chose is not the best option. I hope you can help me with this issue so that I can port the KBOOT v2.0.0.

Thanks,

Cynthia

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Cynthia,

If you want to create a serial bootloader for MK40DX256VLQ10?

If yes, I would recommend to refer application note AN2295 and related software to port to MK40DX256VLQ10 chip.

The AN2295 software could be downloaded from below link:

https://community.nxp.com/message/911628?commentID=911628#comment-911628 

Customer could using Kinetis 100MHz target to start the porting work.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos