Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many ADC channels in imx7d

Jump to solution
deven_solanki
Contributor III

Hi,

I've been working on iMX7SABRESD board. Right now I am exploring ADC stuff from board.I have doubt in ADC channels, like in TRM some place they write 16 channels and in External signal description it is only 2 channel(topic in TRM 14.1.3) . And then at some place it is like chA,chB.chC,chD and SW channels.

Million thanks in advance.

1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Deven,

The i.MX7Dual,  only has 2 Channels,  like it is mention in the Reference Manual in section 14.1.3 .   The 16 Channels that mentions it is regarding the ADC module, but only 2 Channel are connected in the device.

Hope this clarifies.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Deven,

The i.MX7Dual,  only has 2 Channels,  like it is mention in the Reference Manual in section 14.1.3 .   The 16 Channels that mentions it is regarding the ADC module, but only 2 Channel are connected in the device.

Hope this clarifies.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

deven_solanki
Contributor III

Hi jamesbone,

As you say "only 2 Channel are connected in the device", so we have 4 inputs for each(ADC1 and ADC2) channel.

So does it mean that we can connect 16x4 = 64 inputs in one module?

And we have two ADC module(see 1.4.15) so can we use 64x2 = 128 inputs?? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos