RTCS configuration on Vybrid

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTCS configuration on Vybrid

m68000
Contributor I

Im using first time RTCS to communicate over UDP. So far, it work's fine.

But when i start the communication between PC and target with RTCS and any other frames

like dhcp or zeroconf transmitted by PC, all further transmission stops.

My data packets don't receive by RTCS in these case.

If no other communication is active, all packets received by RTCS.

I think the problem is, that these frames received, but no one consume the request.

As result if UDP frames transmitted by PC, no memory avilable and RTCS lost frames.

My configuration:

_RTCSPCB_init = 8;
  _RTCSPCB_grow = 2;
  _RTCSPCB_max = 40;
  _RTCS_msgpool_init = 4;
  _RTCS_msgpool_grow = 2;
  _RTCS_msgpool_max  = 20;
  _RTCS_socket_part_init = 4;
  _RTCS_socket_part_grow = 2;
  _RTCS_socket_part_max  = 20;

Changing RTCS priorty (default in my system: 6) to higher level, no changes.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stefan:

Zero-configuration network is not implemented in RTCS stack. But DHCP should work. Did you get the assigned IP address from the DHCP server?

There is a DHCP example in MQX_RTCS_User_Guide.pdf.  Page 225. You can refer to it.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

m68000
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

in my project i use a static ip address.

I think my problem is that after start of my connection many frames like MDNS, SSDP ….

transmitted by the pc tot he target.

RTCS receive all these frames and have to procced them. If RTCS has not enough memory

my frames cannot received.

Is it right?

What can i do to change these?

Best regards,

Stefan

Von: danielchen@fsl

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Juli 2017 09:23

An: R+T - Stefan Lammert <stefan.lammert@rxt.de>

Betreff: Re: - Re: RTCS configuration on Vybrid

NXP Community <https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

Re: RTCS configuration on Vybrid

reply from Daniel Chen<https://community.nxp.com/people/danielchen@fsl?et=watches.email.thread> in MQX Software Solutions - View the full discussion<https://community.nxp.com/message/920789?commentID=920789&et=watches.email.thread#comment-920789>

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stefan:

Yes, I think you can try to increase the RTCS init parameters. Especially RTCS_xxx_max. Please also check the following document for RTCS parameters introduction.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-102077 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

m68000
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

i readed this document before i have posted my problem.

RTCS has many flags and properties to configure. In Example, i have all values that are described doubled, but

no changes.

Use RTCS queues to store incoming messages? What are there lifetime? Discard RTCS not supported received messages  (e.g.SSDP messages (this is UDP))?

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In case the queue is full and a new incoming packet comes, it is discarded.

SSDP uses UDP transport protocol.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

m68000
Contributor I

What is the result, if i increase the value _UDP_max_queue_size ,BSPCFG_RX_RING_LEN   and BSPCFG_TX_RING_LEN?

Let these values the udp queue grows up?

How can i delete unused packets on the rx queue?

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you increase the value of ,BSPCFG_RX_RING_LEN and BSPCFG_TX_RING_LEN, the enet driver will handle more packets at one time.  _UDP_max_queue_size is the maximum number of packets that will be enqueued.

Of course your system will consume more memory.

I don't think there is a good way to delete or drop unused packets on the rx queue in RTCS stack.

Is there a huge traffic between your board and PC?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

m68000
Contributor I

At start of connection the pc see that eth link is up and send many packages for UPnP devices, NetBIOS and SSDP (windows standard services). My application use an proprietary UDP socket to communicate with the target. At startup i send and rcv packages with 60 Byte length.

After that i start continous datatransfer with packages up to 1060 bytes length between pc and target.

If i start these communication many of these packages are lost. My pc application repeated these frames but if the other messages (UPnP and so on) are tranmitted by windows it will lost.

0 Kudos