ERROR: do_preconfigure issue in Yocto Krogoth (Kernel 4.1.15)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: do_preconfigure issue in Yocto Krogoth (Kernel 4.1.15)

tengri
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I am using Krogoth version with Boundary Devices kernel 4.1.15. After cleansstate of core-image-minimal, now I cannot run :
> bitbake linux-boundary -c menuconfig
> bitbake linux-boundary -c compile -f
or any other bitbake commands. I can see following error message in the terminal :

Terminal Output :

ERROR: linux-boundary-4.1.15-r0 do_preconfigure: Function failed: do_preconfigure (log file is located at /home/tengri/Desktop/krogoth/core-image-minimal/tmp/work/nitrogen6x-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-boundary/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_preconfigure.6371)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/tengri/Desktop/krogoth/core-image-minimal/tmp/work/nitrogen6x-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-boundary/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_preconfigure.6371
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_preconfigure
| WARNING: exit code 128 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_preconfigure (log file is located at /home/tengri/Desktop/krogoth/core-image-minimal/tmp/work/nitrogen6x-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-boundary/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_preconfigure.6371)
ERROR: Task 3 (/home/tengri/Desktop/krogoth/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-boundary_4.1.15.bb, do_preconfigure) failed with exit code ‘1’
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 250 tasks of which 249 didn’t need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (250 of 252)

Can anyone give me an insight to solve this issue ?

Thanks in Advance

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Anuradha Ranasinghe,

The menuconfig error may be related to the shell not being able to show the menuconfig window correctly. This may happen if you are using the shell from a simple terminal or from a window that is too small.

I’m not so familiar with Boundary Device’s kernel but maybe  gary_bissonmay be able to give us some suggestions.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

I've replied to Anuradha on our website that we need to see the log.preconfigure in order to understand what is going on.

But note that Boundary Devices kernel is based upon NXP one.

Also, after trying those commands here it worked fine, even the menuconfig, so I suspect a setup issue.

Regards,

Gary