Cynthia Briones

Porting KBOOT v2 for K40

Discussion created by Cynthia Briones on Jul 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 by Jing Pan

Hello,

I've been trying to port the KBOOT v2.0.0 for the device MK40DX256VLQ10, I followed the steps in the Kinetis Bootloader v2.0.0 reference manual and I'm still not able to successfully port the bootloader, I would really appreciate it if you can help me.

1) What criteria should I follow in order to find the closest match to K40, should I try to find one that has the same flash, SRAM, or uart interfaces? that is still unlcear to me. The one I used was MKV31F25612. Which MCU is the best option to port KBOOT to K40?

2) Where can I find the CMSIS-compatible packages? Should I get them from:

Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Config\PE\CPE\wizard_data\wizards\kds

or

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\platform\devices

or download an SDK from Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools.

3) I'm trying to use UART5 instead of UART0, according to the reference manual I need to change the .instance number in peripherals_<device>.c in order to use another UART peripheral and then change the pins to be used in peripherals_pinmux.h. Is that all I need to do in order to use UART5 instead of the UART0?

I'm using KDS and Jlink. 

I'm getting the following error in KinetisFlashTool: 

Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.).

I tested the UART interface with a simple UART driver I made and I can successfully communicate to the PC using UART5. However when I try to use KBOOT the communication is not successfull, I think this might be because the UART peripheral is not being initialized correctly or because the reference MCU I chose is not the best option. I hope you can help me with this issue so that I can port the KBOOT v2.0.0.

Thanks,

Cynthia

Outcomes