Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7 eMMC and NAND at the same time

Jump to solution
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am currently planning a hardware design using an i.MX7. Our customer would like to use both NAND and eMMC flash (to strictly split boot and data files).

The plan was to use SD3/SAI1 in alternate pin mux 1 to provide the NAND interface and SD1 to connect to the eMMC.

However, SD1 seems to not have a strobe signal.

Is it possible to use both eMMC (v5) and NAND at the same time?
(From what i have seen, the strobe signal is only used in HS400 mode. In this case, i could use any eMMC in HS200 mode?)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars

you are right, strobe signal is optional signal used in HS400 mode.

One can use any eMMC in other modes.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars

you are right, strobe signal is optional signal used in HS400 mode.

One can use any eMMC in other modes.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos