AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to add a user defined package to the image rootfs?

Question asked by Surendranath Ponguru on Jun 30, 2017

I want to add a user defined library and an app linking with this library to the rootfs of the image. I tried using the following link. It is working fine with the example given.

Building your own recipes from first principles - Yocto Project 

But when I modify the files according to my requirement, it is showing up the following error.

WARNING: MediaLib-0.1-r0 do_unpack: MediaLib: the directory ${WORKDIR}/bbmedialib-${PV} (/bld-agl/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/MediaLib/0.1-r0/bbmedialib-0.1) pointed to by the S variable doesn't exist - please set S within the recipe to point to where the source has been unpacked to
ERROR: MediaLib-0.1-r0 do_install: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: MediaLib-0.1-r0 do_install: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at bld-agl/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/MediaLib/0.1-r0/temp/log.do_install.12342)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: bld-agl/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/MediaLib/0.1-r0/temp/log.do_install.12342
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: SITE files ['endian-little', 'bit-32', 'arm-common', 'arm-32', 'common-linux', 'common-glibc', 'arm-linux', 'arm-linux-gnueabi', 'common']
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_install
| NOTE: make DESTDIR=bld-agl/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/MediaLib/0.1-r0/image install
| make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at bld-agl/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/MediaLib/0.1-r0/temp/log.do_install.12342)
ERROR: Task 2 (/sources/meta-example/recipes-medialib/bbmedialib/MediaLib_0.1.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 396 tasks of which 389 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

I understood that autotools is unable to install the files generated on the file system of target. Please suggest a method to solve this.

Outcomes