MPC5644A VDDE6 Supply Voltage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5644A VDDE6 Supply Voltage

arifergun
Contributor II

Hi, I am new in MPC5644A, I have a problem with module supply voltage.

In my project, I will use an IC MPC5644A series package 176LQFP. But MPC5644A in the datasheet, there is conflicting information on the POWER supply. What is the IC power supply voltage.
For example, can it be applied to the VDDE6 module. Can I apply 3V3 voltage to the VDDE6 Module or it must be 5V ? Because my circuit has 3V3 supply voltage. 

Could you share with me about this application info what it is going on?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

arifergun
Contributor II

Hi, Thanks you for replies.

I have read this document before. But there is such an expression in MPC5644A datasheet. This has confused my head. What is power supply of the MPC5644A package 176LQFP.? Can I do it with 3V3 for SPI communication?

Could you share with me about this application info what it is going on?

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I see. It means that only 176-pin package does not contain any power rail that is needed to supply by 3.3V. It is the package without EBI or calibration bus.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

However if particular VDDEHx segment powering the SPI module is on 5V level, SPI communication will be 5V as well.

0 Kudos

arifergun
Contributor II

Hi, Thank you for reply.

You will find our system diagram on the attached file.

The VDDEH6 and VDDEH7 in the MPC5644A are contain such as CAN, SPI, Flash etc. modules.

We must apply 3V3 to VDDEH6 and VDDEH7 since CAN, SPI supplies by 3V3 on the MODULE 2.

Can we apply 3V3 to VDDEH6 and VDDEH7 for 176-pin package?

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, you can. But also pay attention to limited conversion range on AN12-15, if used. Otherwise no problem.

pastedImage_1.png

arifergun
Contributor II

Thank you very  much for replies.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, this device offers various options to power the device.

It allows to build system with only 5V external power rail, mixed 5V/3.3V or power externally all voltages (5V/3.3V/1.2V). It is because device includes internal 5V->3.3V regulator and internal 1.2V regulator (with external ballast transistor).

pastedImage_2.png

I would recommend you to read AN4291

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4291.pdf 

Pay attention to table 4, figures 2, 4 and 5.

Hope it helps

0 Kudos