cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to run example hello_world program

abiabi
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have installed S32DS v1.2 along with processor expert for Power PC for MPC5748g. When I tried to flash the sample firmware file from the examples given in S32_SDK_EAR.0.8.0, I see that the firmware is not running.

However, when I try to compile the example hello world program using s32DSv1.1, then the firmware is running fine.

Is there any difference between v1.1 and v1.2+processor expert. Can someone let me know if I am missing something between the two versions and why I am not able to run the code compiled with processor expert?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

alainfelici
Contributor I

Hello, 

I don't know if it is the same issue, but, toggleStationary sample on MPC5777M is running with S32DS V1.1 and not with V1.2 (under windows). It seems that it is a problem in the UART initialisation code. 

Regards, 

Alain 

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I had created new project from example hello_world_mpc5748g, compiled it and loaded into DEVKIT MPC5748G and it works correct on my side.

If you want to run it in MPC5748G EVB, you must recompile the project without #define DEVKIT.

Could you please clarify what does it mean that firmware is not running?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

abiabi
Contributor I

Hi Martin,

I am using devkit only. When I flash the firmware, we have to see the LEDs glowing right as per the hello world example. I am not seeing the LEDs glowing. That's what I mean by firmware is not running as expected.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I had tested this example into devkit and it worked correct on my side. I saw the blinking LED.

What is the mask of the microcontroller you have assembled on the devkit?

Regards,
Martin

0 Kudos

abiabi
Contributor I

Hi Martin, 

Can you please tell me what is meant by mask of the microcontroller? I am new to this. I can check and tell you though.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

when you look at the microcontroller, you will see part number, for example SPC5748GSMKU6 and on the second line I see 1N81M and this is mask. So, could you please write me your mask?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos