cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to debug FRDM-KV10Z development board

mutullaheser
Contributor I

Dear all,

I am facing problems in debugging FRDM-KV10Z development board in KDS 3.0.0.0 IDE on WIndows 7. I am following the steps in the KDS User guide (attached).

As mentioned in the guide, the PE and Segger drivers are installed in the KDS installation itself.

Could you kindly let me know which configuration of the three – OpenOCD, PEMicro and Segger should be used. I have tried the C/C++ MCU application and the GDB PEMicro interface debugging.

I had first installed MCUXpresso and I was able to debug the LED blinking code on it. Then I installed KDS 3.0.0.0 but could not debug the LED blinking code on it. I uninstalled both the software’s and all the related drivers and re-installed only KDS but still the same problem persists. I also disabled the anti-virus software and tried again but I received the same error message.

The error message related to

C/C++ (NXP Semiconductors) MCU Application is as follows

1.JPG

GDB PEMicro is as follows

2.JPG

The debug configuration is as follows

3.JPG

And the device manager window is as follows

4.JPG

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

mutullaheser
Contributor I

I was able to find a solution by chance. I still dont know what is going wrong.

After I enter the debug mode, I click on resume then press the reset button on the board and then click on resume again.

This way I am able to do single step debug as well.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

-  "Could you kindly let me know which configuration of the three – OpenOCD, PEMicro and Segger should be used."

-> This is refer to the firmware in your board, please check it in the device manager. For example your screenshot

pastedImage_1.png , it should use the OpenOCD debug .

If it shows pastedImage_2.png in device manager, it should

use PEMicro : pastedImage_3.png.

If pastedImage_4.png, this is pastedImage_5.png.

- The debug configuration screenshot your shows is MCUXpresso IDE , not KDS.

So which IDE do you want to used ?

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mutullaheser
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

Thanks for your reply!

Please find the KDS debug configuration screenshot. I have uninstalled MCUXpresso IDE and will be suing KDS.

6.JPG

I am still unable to debug in the openOCD debug as well.

I am getting the following error message:

5.JPG

Kindly let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please try to use the  SEGGER J- link debug mode to have a try.

Update the firmware of your board use my attachment .

About how to update firmware,and  debug for FRDM board, you can refer to this doc:

Summary of FRDM-K22F debug interface 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mutullaheser
Contributor I

Dear Alice,

Thanks for your reply!

I followed the steps given in the document. The drive is not mounting as BOOTLOADER after I press the reset button and connect the USB.

Could you let me know what may be wrong.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

I haven't this board, so I can't test on my side. Please take a video about how to do on your side,

and also about the Device Manager . Please be sure the jumper J25(1-2) on your board:

pastedImage_1.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

mutullaheser
Contributor I

Dear Alice,

Thanks fro your reply!

The jumper was placed on the incorrect pins. After placing it in the correct position, I got an error of 'The connected emulator deos not support serail wire output (SWO)' but I found a solution for it.

Now, in the J-link debug mode, I am able to enter the debug mode but the 'debug start' button is inactive and I get a message that 'No source available for "0x0" '

8.JPG

0 Kudos

mutullaheser
Contributor I

Dear Alice,

I tried to work on the problem by the points suggested in Debugger disconnects after code download 

but the problem persists. I tried the following point:

• Removed all the breakpoint
  • In the debug configuration, startup tab changed ‘set breakpoint at’ from ‘main’ to __thunm_startup

• I also tried to do an assembly step but the code enters Hardfault_handler and gets stuck over there.
  • I also did a clean and build but no effect
  • Restart PC

9.JPG

Could you let me know what can be done to solve the problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Please change to a new workspace , create a simple  new project to have a try:

pastedImage_1.png

Please pay attention, input the correct device name :

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

mutullaheser
Contributor I

I switched the workspace but still facing the same problem.

I entered the device name: MKV10Z32VLF7   for the FRDM-KV10Z development board.

In the Jlink drive, I have a text document with title 'NoFlashConfig' and inside it contains 'No valid VMSD configuration for target flashing found.' in addition to the Segger web page.

Is it usual for that file to be present?

0 Kudos