Eventrouter Status is different with debug probe attached

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventrouter Status is different with debug probe attached

gustavvaleur
Contributor I

On e LPC4357 when i am running a program from ROM i get different values from the Evenetrouter status register on a POR depending on if i have the debug cable attached or not.

When i don't have the debugger attached i get 0x3F3EFFF which looks like a WWDT that has caused the reset, where as if i have the debug cable attached (the IDE is not connected to the debugger) i get 0x3FBDFFF which looks like a POR to me.

The debug probe i am using is a GreenHills Probe

Are there anyone that have experienced something similar or know how to stop it from starting up with a WWDT reset after a POR?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

gustavvaleur
Contributor I

I have found a workaround by using the method from the reference manual in section 15.5 to check if a POR have happened before checking the state of the WWDT

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gustav Valeur,

Thanks for the workaround sharing.

If you still have question about it, just let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gustavvaleur
Contributor I

Yes that is the register but it is after a Power on reset, the weird thing for me is this has worked just fine since 2014 but new boards we start receiving now claim to be reset from WWDT when we do a Power on reset.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Guatav Valeur,

Do you mean you read the event status register STATUS, address 0x40004 4FE0 ?

From the user manual, after PORT reset, the according value is bit 1.

pastedImage_2.png

But if you don't enable the according bit in the event status, I think you don't need to care about this data.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

gustavvaleur
Contributor I

I also want to add we only see this on new boards we have had made in the last month, even if the design is the same as ones boards that work that is produced earlier.

0 Kudos