How to create .elf.s file in kinetics?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create .elf.s file in kinetics?

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi, I am using my own board of MKV10Z32VLC7. When I tried to compile only .elf is generated. But I just want .elf.s also. I tried to find out through the setting of my project but I couldn't. I need .elf.s for creating image files for my project or else is there any other file to generate the image file. I am unable to program the target board with the image file created from .elf file.

Thanks and Regards,

Vigneshkumar P

0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vigneshkumar,

not sure what you mean with .elf.s, is this a S19/R-Record file?

If so, this depends on the toolchain/IDE you are using.

You can use the SRecord Tool (see CRC Checksum Generation with ‘SRecord’ Tools for GNU and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse ) which can convert all kind of files. If using CodeWarrior, have a look here: S-Record Generation with gcc for ARM/Kinetis | MCU on Eclipse which is describing a generic way using the GNU objcopy too. If using KDS or GNU ARM Eclipse plugins, have a read here: Binary (and S19) Files for the mbed Bootloader with Eclipse and GNU ARM Eclipse Plugins | MCU on Ecl... 

If using MCUXpresso IDE, have a look here: MCUXpresso IDE: S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi I am using codewarrior10.6. I followed the above procedure but it fails to create the flash image. I checked with dummy project with same MKV10Z32VLC7 the flash image get created, but when I add my codes with NXP PMSM library files the flash image is not generated.

Note: I have optimized the code for size.

What will be the possibility to generate the flash image??

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check if you have custom files or folder settings, see Traps and Pitfalls: No Hex/Bin/S19 File Created with GNU? | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos