New devices KE02 KE04 error programing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New devices KE02 KE04 error programing

capvdesign
Contributor II

I have problems programming Kinetis KE02 and KE04 devices when they are new!
I tried with J-link and Ulink and nothing.
The reset pin has oscillations.
I have tested with KEIL-MDK and KDS and nothing.
The already programmed devices are programmed correctly only happens with the new ones!
Does anyone know what is going on?

in spanish

Tengo problemas para programar lo dispositivos Kinetis KE02 y KE04 cuando estan nuevos!
He probado con J-link y Ulink y nada.
El pin de reset presenta oscilasiones.
He probado con KEIL-MDK y KDS y nada.
Los dispositivos ya programados se programan correctamente solo sucede con los nuevos!
Alguien sabe que esta pasando?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ankurmittal
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

If your NMI is LOW ([edit] assuming NMI is gorunded due to HW) at REST you can try programming devices by first clearing the NMIE bit in SIM_SOPT (0x40048004 for MKE02). 

When using J-Link this can be easily done as an Init Step: Write 32bit    40048004   00000008

NMI Disabled.png

Thanks and Regards

Ankur Mittal

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello CARLOS PICHARDO,

Thank you for your interest in NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you.

1. You can use the JLINK debugger, and open the JLINK commander window

To check, whether you can find the ARM Cortex m0+ core, if you can't find the core after connect it, you need to check your hardware, especially your SWD interface.

Before you are using the JLINK, you need to install the JLINk driver at first, download the jlink driver from this link and install it:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

After you install it, please open the JLINK commander window, and connect your KE board, this is the picture from my side.

pastedImage_1.png

You can find the cortex m0 core is identified.

This means I can use the JLINK to download the code.

2. Use MDK to download the code with JLINK

You must configure the debugger as JLINK at first.

pastedImage_4.png

After configure the options, then you can download it.

Please follow my way and try again.

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

capvdesign
Contributor II

The problem is solved!!!!

It is the NMI pin that can not be at 0 during the programming process on the new devices!

Thanks

Carlos Pichardo

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello CARLOS PICHARDO,

If your problem is caused by the NMI, you need to add external 4.7K to 10K external pull up resistor in the NMI pin, because the internal pull up is weak. And when you do the problem, you must make sure your NMI is high.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

If your question is solved, please mark the correct answer to close this post.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!