cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX7D Sabre "Nothing RPROVIDES 'firmware-imx-brcm'

maash
Contributor II

Hi all.

I'm just getting started with this new NXP board, and I'm having trouble compiling the sources.

I've followed the instructions in the i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide, Rev. 0, 10/2016 regarding cloning the yocto sources. however when I try to build the sources, i get error like in the header.

I've cloned the repo and the run:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 MACHINE=imx7dsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b /home/matti/workspace/BuildIMX7-X11/

MACHINE=imx7dsabresd source setup-environment BuildIMX7-X11

bitbake core-image-base

I tried adding the bcmdhd-1.0.4 and followed the instructions in the readme file.

However I still get:

bitbake core-image-base -c fetch
WARNING: Host distribution "Ubuntu-16.04" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
Loading cache: 100% |###########################################| ETA: 00:00:00
Loaded 2200 entries from dependency cache.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'firmware-imx-brcm' (but /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-base.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'firmware-imx-brcm' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['firmware-imx-brcm']
NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-base-extended' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-base-extended', 'firmware-imx-brcm']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-base' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-base', 'packagegroup-base-extended', 'firmware-imx-brcm']

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Is there comprehensive getting started guide somewhere?  I mean I've looked at NXP site, youtube and googled a quite bit, however there isn't really comprehensive how-to for newcomers like me.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matti Sillanpää,

The steps look okay.

However, I cannot find the bcmdhd recipe. Would you mind sharing the added lines on your local.conf file and wether you added any additional layers? When adding recipes is always a good practice to make sure bitbake can see them. You can promt all available package recipes by running:

$ bitbake -s

(Just as a comment on the side, I see that you are using Ubuntu 16.04. It’s recommended if at all possible to use Ubuntu 14.04 to avoid issues when building images. Switching to Ubuntu 14.04 may avoid issues further down the road)

Regards,

0 Kudos

maash
Contributor II

Hi.

Thanks for the tip!

I added the layer:

BBLAYERS += " ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-bcmdhd "

to bblayers.conf. However I cannot see it when I run the bitbake -s.

My local.conf is othervise out-of-box, but I added:

INTERNAL_MIRROR = "http://localhost"

To end of it (it was in broadcom instructions along with copying the .bin file folder (meta-fsl-bcmdhd) under sources. I also created the .done files :

$ touch firmware-bcmdhd-<version>.bin.done
$ touch BSA-ServerAndClientApps-<version>.bin.done

under sources/downloads/

Regarding Ubuntu version. Yeah, I noticed the warning. However I've got other things that prevent me from switching to older version outright. However if something really serious comes along, I guess I have to decide if I get another machine or revert.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for the additional information!

If the recipes you added are not being seen by bitbake then I would suggest going a step back and checking if the layer is being added correctly. You can check this by running:

$ bitbake-layers show-layers

You layer should appear, if not there may be a typo or problem of the sort. Next step would be making sure that the recipe is being seen inside the layer.

Bitbake by default (this can be customized) searches for recipes inside folders that start with “recipes-“. So make sure your .bb is inside a folder that is named following this convention and is being picked up by bitbake.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

maash
Contributor II

The bitbake-layers show-layers shows:

layer path priority
==========================================================================
meta /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta 5
meta-poky /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta-poky 5
meta-oe /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe 6
meta-multimedia /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia 6
meta-fsl-arm /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm 5
meta-fsl-arm-extra /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra 4
meta-fsl-demos /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-demos 4
meta-fsl-bcmdhd /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bcmdhd 8

So the meta-fsl-bcmdhd is visible there. Also the .bb file path seems ok:

/home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bcmdhd/recipes-bsp/firmware-bcmdhd/firmware-bcmdhd_1.0.4.bb
/home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bcmdhd/recipes-bsp/bsa-serverandclientapps/bsa-serverandclientapps_1.0.0.bb

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Just to confirm, did the following command shows your recipe? Your layer is definitely being included so it should appear:

$ bitbake -s

You may try finding it more easily using grep:

$ bitbake -s | grep bcmdhd

0 Kudos