AnsweredAssumed Answered

I.MX7D Sabre "Nothing RPROVIDES 'firmware-imx-brcm'

Question asked by Matti Sillanpää on Jun 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 by gusarambula

Hi all.

I'm just getting started with this new NXP board, and I'm having trouble compiling the sources.

I've followed the instructions in the i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide, Rev. 0, 10/2016 regarding cloning the yocto sources. however when I try to build the sources, i get error like in the header.

I've cloned the repo and the run:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 MACHINE=imx7dsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b /home/matti/workspace/BuildIMX7-X11/

MACHINE=imx7dsabresd source setup-environment BuildIMX7-X11

bitbake core-image-base

I tried adding the bcmdhd-1.0.4 and followed the instructions in the readme file.

However I still get:

bitbake core-image-base -c fetch
WARNING: Host distribution "Ubuntu-16.04" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
Loading cache: 100% |###########################################| ETA: 00:00:00
Loaded 2200 entries from dependency cache.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'firmware-imx-brcm' (but /home/matti/workspace/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-base.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'firmware-imx-brcm' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['firmware-imx-brcm']
NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-base-extended' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-base-extended', 'firmware-imx-brcm']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-base' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-base', 'packagegroup-base-extended', 'firmware-imx-brcm']

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Is there comprehensive getting started guide somewhere?  I mean I've looked at NXP site, youtube and googled a quite bit, however there isn't really comprehensive how-to for newcomers like me.

Outcomes