cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android OS-imx6 -Ethernet AVB

renjithrajagopa
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Android OS.I have done a demo of AVB provided by Freescale on imx6 Sabre running in Ubuntu Linux OS.Does nxp support this same AVB feature for Android OS ? Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Renjith Rajagopal,

The AVB demo scope includes Linux and MQX as these are the most likely systems to be used in AVB applications. You may be able to run it on Android in theory since Android uses the Linux kernel, but it’s not planned to be released for Android.

Regards,

0 Kudos

renjithrajagopa
Contributor II

Gusarambula,

Thanks for the response.So theoretically speaking If I apply those patches mentioned in i.MX6 AVB Demo Implementation to Android kernel (GitHub - embeddedarm/linux-3.0.35-imx6-android ) and execution of scripts by any means, those features are supposed to work...Hmm..Let's get my hand dirty...

One more query...Does imx6 Sabre Automotive supports Automotive Android ? I'm looking for Custom ROM SDK where App developers can make use of Automotive Car services...For more details go through Automotive  |  Android Open Source Project 

Thanks in advance....

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Renjith Rajagopal,

The i.MX6SABRE AI is supported by the Android BSP (link below) but it’s not Automotive Android so I’m not sure how much of the car services API would be available, if any.

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/an...

Regards,

renjithrajagopa
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

Thank you for your valuable inputs and reference links.

I have gone through the docs and after careful study I have few queries to clarify.

Q1. I would like to use CAN/MediaLB interface of i.MX6SABRE AI that runs Android OS (Android 'N')
I couldnt able to confirm whether cureent released version of Android OS support it.
Could you please confirm the same (CAN/MLB150 support for Android Linux Kernel) ?
If not,does NXP have any plans to release that in future ?

BR,
Renjith

0 Kudos