AnsweredAssumed Answered

NandFlash BCH ECC value incorrect (i.MX6-DualLite)

Question asked by yang chen on Jun 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 by igorpadykov

Hi guys:

Sorry to disturb you.    
   We need to  produce a DataIO bin file with all the BSP images, and it contains ECC value.
   (Total images: uboot, zimage,    zimage.dtb, rootfs.tar.bz) We will burn the bare NandFlash chip with this DataIO bin file.
   I produce the DataIO bin file refer to the Nand chip which taken out of the mother board after burn the MFGTools and         before the first time power on. We could treat this nand chip as a bare chip.

1. i.MX6 DualLite, NandFlash (Micron MT29F8G08ABABAWP)
   2. Nand size:1 GiB ,  Page size: 4 KiB,  Sub-page size: 4 KiB,  OOB size: 224 bytes
       Eraseblock size: 512 KiB,  128 pages per block
   3. Nand patitions:
        uboot    | uboot_env |  kernel | kernel_dtb | kernel_backup | kernel_dtb_backup | rootfs     ......
        8           |    2             |     8      |     1           |  8                      |        1                       |           ......    (MiB)
   4. Nand config and Page Layout: gf_len: 13, MetaData: 10 Byte
        Block0 size:         512 + 10 = 522Byte        Block0EccType = 16
        BlockN(1~7) size:     512Byte                    BlockNEccType = 16
        Ecc0~ECC7 size:     26Byte
   5. calculate ECC refer to kobs-ng-3.10.53-1.1.0
        init_bch();
        encode_bch();
        for () {
            ecc_buf[i] = reverse_bit(ecc_buf[i]);
        }
    Question:
        All pages in Uboot and Kernel partitions:
            data Block0(10 + 512) ECC does not match value in the bare chip from the mother board.
            data BlockN(1~7) are correct and match the bare chip taken out of the mother board.
            But there was one exception, the first page of Uboot partition are correct. (because the 1K padding?)   

Thanks in anyway.

Outcomes