cannot access project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot access project

juliancox
Contributor V

I have 2 iMacs in different locations running the latest version of IOS with Parallels 12 and Windows 7 virtual machines

Machine 1 was a clean installation (Parallels, windows and Codewarrior 10.7)

On machine 1 I have created a project with all files in a folder on Dropbox (a private cloud-based virtual drive). The project  is \software\issue_6.

On Machine 1 the workspace is set to \\Dropbox\....\Software, the project issue_6 loads and I am able to edit, build and debug it. 

On machine 2 the workspace was set to \\Dropbox\....\Software and I could also edit the project as on machine 1, but there were some issues with WINDOWS so I did a clean installation of Parallels, Windows and Codewarrior so that both machines now have identical installations.

Now when I try to set the workspace to \\Dropbox\....\Software I get the message: -

The current workspace has been moved or copied from a different location in the file system. This is not supported, and can cause unpredictable behavior. Please select another workspace.

No project name appears in in the CodeWarrior Projects window 

if I set the workspace to \\Dropbox\....\Software\issue_6. i get the same message, but the project name appears in the CodeWarrior Projects window, but without any files (probably to be expected).

I have checked Dropbox and all the files are there.

I have also tried to import the project. The project name appears, but it is greyed out and I cannot select it.

I am worried that if I try to do something like create a new project and cut and paste the files into the project it may solve the problem on machine 2, but will then not be accessible from machine 1.

How can I work on a project from two locations, but obviously not at the same time?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Cox..

I wonder if you follow the right process to export and import a project.

To export a project follow steps below:
1.In CodeWarrior Project window, right-click on project name.
A context menu appears.

2.From context menu, select Export .
The Export window appears.

3.Expand General Folder .
4.Select Archive File .
5.Click Next .
The Archive File window appears.

Note: By default, the project that you select will be exported along with their children. Optionally, use the checkboxes in the left and right panes to select the set of resources to export. Also, use radio buttons, such as Select Types to filter the types of files that you want to export.

6.In the To Archive File textbox, enter the archive file which you want to export the selected resources to.
7.Click Finish .

To import a project follow steps below:

Follow the steps listed below:
1.Import an executable by selecting File > Import from the IDE menu bar.
The Import dialog box appears displaying the Select page.

2.Expand the CodeWarrior tree-control and select MCU Executable Importer.
3.Click Next.
The Import a MCU executable file page appears.

4.Specify the desired name for the imported project in the Project name text box.
5.Click Next.
The Select MCU executable file to be imported dialog box appears.

6.In the File to import option, click Browse, navigate to the desired project and select the executable (.ELF/.ABS/.FLT/.AFX) file.
Note: Check the Copy to project folder checkbox as it allows to set up the debugging paths easier (more later on).

7.Click Next.
The Device and Board page appears.

8.Select the desired CPU architecture.
9.Click Next.
The Connections page appears.

10.Select the appropriate connection(s) for your project.
11.Click Finish.

The selected project is imported into your workspace.

To set up the search paths (where to search the source files), follow the steps listed below:
1.For this open the launch configuration of your project. To open the launch configuration: a.Select Run > Debug Configurations from the IDE menu bar.
b.Expand the CodeWarrior Download tree-control and select the desired launch configuration

2.Click the Source tab.
3.Click Add.
The Add Source dialog box appears.

4.Select Path Mapping and click OK.
5.Select the newly created mapping and click Edit, which displays the dialog where you can create the mapping.
The Path Mappings dialog box appears.

6.Click Add.
The Path Mapping dialog box appears.

7.Enter the path which was used to compile the binary, and the path where the files can be found on your local machine.
8.Continue to add mappings as needed.

Now to find out which path mappings are missing, right-click on the binary file in the CodeWarrior Projects view, and select the Properties from the context-menu. This displays the Paths and Symbols page. Here you can see which path mappings are still missing, and you can fix them accordingly.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

juliancox
Contributor V

Thank you for your help, but I still have a problem>

I did the "import Project", gave it a new name in the same folder and it appeared to go OK.

However, the search path procedure failed to do anything.  At item 5 there was no Edit option, just Add. In case this was a typo I clicked ADD and got the dialog, but I have no idea what to enter for "Compilation Path". Having entered the folder name for the new project (I didn't know what else to try) there were no error messages and no source files added. One major question - can I do all of this in the same folder - i.e. can I import a project into the same root folder as the imported project (with a new name). Are you also saying that I must export (archive) the project before changing locations and then import when I get to the new location.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Cox,

Normally, if you follow the export and import process, you can build your project successfully.

setting up the search paths is only needed in case your tool chain can not find your source file.

The compilation path is the path to the original project that built the executable file. If the original project is from an IDE on a different computer, you specify the compilation path in terms of the file system on that computer.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!