AnsweredAssumed Answered

cannot access project

Question asked by Julian Cox on Jun 20, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2017 by ZhangJennie

I have 2 iMacs in different locations running the latest version of IOS with Parallels 12 and Windows 7 virtual machines

Machine 1 was a clean installation (Parallels, windows and Codewarrior 10.7)

On machine 1 I have created a project with all files in a folder on Dropbox (a private cloud-based virtual drive). The project  is \software\issue_6.

On Machine 1 the workspace is set to \\Dropbox\....\Software, the project issue_6 loads and I am able to edit, build and debug it. 

On machine 2 the workspace was set to \\Dropbox\....\Software and I could also edit the project as on machine 1, but there were some issues with WINDOWS so I did a clean installation of Parallels, Windows and Codewarrior so that both machines now have identical installations.

Now when I try to set the workspace to \\Dropbox\....\Software I get the message: -

The current workspace has been moved or copied from a different location in the file system. This is not supported, and can cause unpredictable behavior. Please select another workspace.

No project name appears in in the CodeWarrior Projects window 

if I set the workspace to \\Dropbox\....\Software\issue_6. i get the same message, but the project name appears in the CodeWarrior Projects window, but without any files (probably to be expected).

I have checked Dropbox and all the files are there.

I have also tried to import the project. The project name appears, but it is greyed out and I cannot select it.

I am worried that if I try to do something like create a new project and cut and paste the files into the project it may solve the problem on machine 2, but will then not be accessible from machine 1.

How can I work on a project from two locations, but obviously not at the same time?

Outcomes