Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error in Model Based Design Toolbox for S32K series with MATLAB 2013b

Jump to solution
hemantsindkar
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using Model Based Design Toolbox for S32K series with MATLAB 2013b. When I try to build sample "program mbd_s32k14_examples", I am getting error. 

pastedImage_3.png

How to fix this error?

Thanks

Hemant

1 Solution
hemantsindkar
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Yes I observed after fixing one error other error comes in 2013b. So I updated my MATLAB with 2017a. Now it's working fine.

Thanks

Hemant

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi hemantsindkar‌,

The Model Based Design Toolbox for S32K has been tested with Matlab releases starting with 2015b to 2017a

We usually support the last 4 Matlab releases - since Mathworks is constantly changing code generation with various improvements that sometimes breaks the backward compatibility.

Nonetheless, in case you can't update to a newer version there is a way to make the 2013b release to work with S32K.

In this particular case  the problem is cause by the Code Replacement Library that is set to NONE. All you have to do is to open the Simulink model and go to Model Configuration Parameters -> Code Generation -> Interface and there on the Code Replacement Library options to choose an ARM Cortex type.

Capture.JPG

This will allow you to build the models.

Anyhow - please be aware that you might run into other potential issues (we will try to support you as much as we can) by staying with Matlab 2013b release. 

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos
hemantsindkar
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Yes I observed after fixing one error other error comes in 2013b. So I updated my MATLAB with 2017a. Now it's working fine.

Thanks

Hemant