Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debian or Ubuntu for SCM-i.MX6DQ ?

peterhafner
Contributor I

Debian or Ubuntu for SCM-i.MX6DQ ?

Is this tutorial working with SCM ?

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330147?commentID=38349 

Or is there any other tutorial to get a Debian/Ubuntu running ?

Thanks

peter

0 Kudos
4 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

It is supposed that the same steps should apply to any platform, if you already have a running Linux image. So, please refer to the following Community document that will help you to get Yocto L4.1.15 for the SCM-i.MX and then applying the additional steps for Ubuntu rootfs:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333955

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

peterhafner
Contributor I

Carlos,

yes, the yocto Linux for scm-imx6 is compiled, and the image boots.

That works out of the box.

I'm now currently to check, getting ubuntu also working on this board.

But, I'm not sure about the board-support....

In this doc Installing Ubuntu Rootfs on NXP i.MX6 boards 

is a point for compiling kernel & uboot.

What I not know is, where do I get the right kernel-source (4.X and the needed patches) and where

do I get the correct config for uboot?

It would be nice to build uboot and kernel like described in the manual above, with the same config from yocto build.

Thanks Peter

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

It will be required to apply some changes in order to match the instructions of the Ubuntu installation document, to the scm-imx6. The special attention will be on the kernel and uboot (as current version supported by the scm-imx6 is L4.1.15), and the proper modules for scm-imx6 platform, but they are available on the instructions of the Yocto build for scm-imx6.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

peterhafner
Contributor I

Carlos,

this repository contains the branch (scm-imx_v2016.03_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga) for uboot.

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

I think, that this repo has all patches and configs included to build the uboot for the

QWKS-SCMIMX6DQ board !

And this is the kernel which I need, t get it compiled for scm-imx6q ( branch scm-imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga ) ?

linux-imx.git - i.MX Linux Kernel 

Are there any special defconfigs for scm ?

Currently I didn't see a special config file for scm. Not for uboot or for kernel !

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos