I have question about programming Kinetis KE02

Now i connect 

J-Link                  KE02

VTref                    VCC

GND                    GND

SWDIO/TMS       SWD_DIO/PTA4

SWDCLK/TCK    SWD_CLK/PTC4

Reset                   PTA5/Reset

But in IAR show error FAILED to get CPU status after 4 retries Retry?

My connection right?

Thank you!

3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kuanysh Zikirbay,

Please check the SWD interface at first.

1. SWD_DIO need to add external pullup resistor.

2. SWD_CLK need to add external pull down resistor.

3. Reset pin need to add external 4.7K to 10K pull up resistor, and 0.1uf capacitor to ground.

4. NMI pin need to add external 4.7K to 10K pull up resistor.

Then, you can use the JLINK commander to check whether you can find the ARM cortex M0+ core.

Please check these points, and test again.

If you still have problem, please also post the picture information for the JLINK commander window.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Why should the NMI pin be pulled up externally to 4.7K to 10K resistor for using SWD. I don't think NMI is used by SWD while flashing. Can you please explain about this?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vignesh balaji,

NMI is not the must, just the recommendation for stable working, because the internal pull up is weak.

If you can sure that the NMI is higher when you do the SWD, of course you don't need to add the external pull up.

But in the practical usage, I still recommend the customer to add the external pull up resistor in the NMI pin.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos