Stephane Caron

TOK_DNE too long sometimes

Discussion created by Stephane Caron on Aug 21, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2008 by Stephane Caron
Hi,

I use the USB stack provided by Freescale on a MCF52211. It works well almost all the time, but sometimes I have speed problems when I write data on some USB keys (2 out of 16 are problematic for now). I think that the problem may be related to ColdFire or USB stack because these 2 keys are working well on Windows.

Here is what I have seen: my write test takes about 3 minutes on non-problematic keys. On problematic keys it can takes up to 50 minutes to do the same test. I noticed that the token TOK_DNE (in INT_STAT registry) takes very long to change its state from 0 to 1, so it loops in usb_host_start_transaction() for about 237 ms instead of 1 ms normally (as far I can see).

The loop is the following:

while((MCF_USB_INT_STAT & (MCF_USB_INT_STAT_TOK_DNE | MCF_USB_INT_STAT_STALL | MCF_USB_INT_STAT_ERROR)) ==0)
{
      if (MCF_USB_INT_STAT & MCF_USB_INT_STAT_USB_RST)
      {
        evt_disconnect();
        tr_error=tre_disconnected;
        return((hcc_u16)-1u);
      }
}
Note that it doesn't go into the inner loop, which is OK.

Like I said, these keys are working quickly on Windows and they are USB 2.0 (Full speed) like the other ones that work well. Note that it doesn't seem to relate to a USB key manufacturer.

Maybe I can exit the loop if it's too long to go out of it, but I think that if the token is not in its done state, it can be a risk to exit and send new commands before it's ready.

How can I solve this?   Thanks.

Outcomes