Interconnection of two lpc1769

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interconnection of two lpc1769

abhishek5646
Contributor I

Hello, Is there any way to interconnect two LPC1769 ? So that one MCU's will work as a main control unit and other will work as a backup control unit and both the MCU's will always be in the sync and will take input from same sensor. Since I am a begginer so I do not know where should I start. 

Tags (1)
2 Replies

cscottt
Contributor I

Depending on the output of your sensor you need to connect it to both boards. You may need some slitter circuit for this so failure of one board does not effect the signal. 

Then you need a comms link between each LPC1769 where each checks that the other is still functioning - i.e. a heartbeat type interaction. As above use RS232, SPI, IIC or Ethernet for LPC to LPC comms.

If the backup detects the master has failed then it can take over.

-Scott

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ABHISHEK MAURYA,

If you want one LPC1769 communicate with another LPC1769, there several ways to do the communication, take an example: UART, I2C, SPI.ect.

I don't know why you need to two LPC1769 to take the data from the same sensor, actually, you just need use one LPC1769 to get the sensor data, if another MCU also want to get the data, you can let the MCU which get the sensor data, to send the sensor to another MCU with the communication port.

About the communication sample code, you can refer to our lpcopen code.

LPCOpen Software for LPC17XX|NXP 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------