cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM semihosting, how to ?

ajohn1
Contributor I

Hi all,

We have established FDRM-KE02Z40M with USBDM firmware as a standalone programmer/debugger. So far so good, beside certain installation difficulties, it looks connecting to our target board well.

Actually I am looking to a way how to see a console output from target board (to see our printf debug outputs basically). I have tried semihosting options of USBDM, but unfortunately I was not able to catch any outputs in standard KDS console so far. When a debugging session is started or when the GDB console is opened directly from USBDM menu, it has shortly title "Usbdm Gdb Semihosting Console...", but it disappears after any further user activity and turns to normal Console.

The question: what is the proper setting of project and/or USBDM to make "printf" working ?

We use KDS 3.2.0., USBDM .170 (build from github), Kubuntu 14.04, Target proc. is MKE02 and we test PE based projects so far.

USBDM - GDB command is:

/usr/bin/UsbdmGdbServer-debug -target=arm -device=MKE02Z64M4 -port=1234 -tty=4321 -requiredBdm=USBDM-OPENSDA-0001 -power=500,200 -reset=100,100,100 -speed=4000 -erase=Mass -security=Smart -timeout=10 -auto=Always -useReset

Any clue ?

In case the the USBDM semihosting is not viable, is there any other way how to see outputs of target board using FRDM board as debugger - serial port or so ? Please suggest something.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Alex,

The console window switches to whatever console has the last activity so it will disappear as  you have found.

Select the USBDM Console and then "pin it" to stop it disappearing.

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_2.png

Short Video at USBDM SemiHosting - YouTube 

0 Kudos