Kinetis Bootloader for KL15Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Bootloader for KL15Z

RuiFaria
Contributor III

I'm interesting in porting Kinetis Bootloader to the KL15 family. My goal is to upgrade firmware by UART on custom board. Does anyone have a working port of the bootloader for KL15Z, or can you point me in the right direction for finding or generating the appropriate header files?

I already tested KBOOT v2 on FRDM-KL25Z board and it looks fine. Then i've tried following the instructions in chapter 10 of the Kinetis Bootloader Reference Manual but it isn't so easy to porting for another MCU.

Thank you in the advance,
Rui Faria

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rui Faria,

1. Check the hardware
FRDM-KL25 is using 8Mhz external crystal, I don't know whether your KL15 external circuit is the same as FRDM-KL25.

2. If you can make the code work in FRDM-KL25.
Then you can disable the USB function in the code, and download it to your KL15 board.
Please modify your bootloader_config.h
#if !defined(BL_CONFIG_UART)
#define BL_CONFIG_UART (1)
#endif
#if !defined(BL_CONFIG_I2C)
#define BL_CONFIG_I2C (0)//1
#endif
#if !defined(BL_CONFIG_SPI)
#define BL_CONFIG_SPI (0)//1
#endif
#if !defined(BL_CONFIG_USB_HID)
#define BL_CONFIG_USB_HID (0)//1
#endif
#if !defined(BL_CONFIG_USB_MSC)
#define BL_CONFIG_USB_MSC (0)//1
#endif

Just leave UART port.

3. If you are still not OK, you can debug your board, check it, where the code is stopping.

Because I don't have the board, then you need to test it on your side by yourself.
Any updated test information, please let me know.

I think, the most important thing is, you need to make your own KL15 board works at first with the external 8Mhz, you can use KDS PE to configure a project, and test it.
Just to exclude the hardware problem.

About the KL15 headfile, I have attached, please refer to it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos