MTB Trace Problem using MCUXpresso IDE, MCUXpresso SDK v2.2.0 and MKL16Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTB Trace Problem using MCUXpresso IDE, MCUXpresso SDK v2.2.0 and MKL16Z

carlos_cuevas
Contributor I

Hi, I've been using MCUXpresso for the first time this week, migrating an already started project from KDS and after some research I found about the wonders of MTB and I want to use it, it can save lots of time.

I've read MCUXpresso IDE Instruction Trace and there it all seems as easy as a few clicks, fortunately the mtb.c file is there already and it seems MTB is enabled, even on the map file I can see the symbol _mtb_buffer_ that uses 128 bytes.

MTB.png

MTB2.png

So I run my target and suspend it, then I go to the new Instruction Trace view and click on Record Continuously:

RecordContinuously.png

I get this message:

MTB3.png

So then I open the Instruction Trace Config View and click on Load Config From Target

MTB4.png

And I get this message:

MTB5.png

Is there anything I'm doing wrong of am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This sounds like a reported bug which has been fixed in the next maintenance release. Try this as a workaround.

Once your code reaches the initial breakpoint (typically on 'main'), open the RedlinkServer console, and type 'corelist this'. You'll see a display of core ID, and core type. Next, set the MTB to record continuously. Start execution of your target to allow the trace buffer to fill. Download the trace buffer to make sure the instruction trace is operational. Report your results.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

carlos_cuevas
Contributor I

I'm using JLink, so I have this consoles available when debugging:

MTB6.png

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm afraid that the MTB trace support built into MCUXpresso IDE is LinkServer (CMSIS-DAP) only. Please see the supplied MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.0 Instruction Trace Guide for more details.

We do have a long term aim of supporting other probes for MTB trace, but in the shorter term we'll look at capturing the use of other debug probes more cleanly in a future release.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos