cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 SDMA firmware license

alexsmirnov
Contributor II

Dear community,

could somebody please clarify, what is the license for i.MX6 SDMA firmware? Is it possible to get full text of this license?

With best regards,

Alex

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

We have recently added the mx6 sdma firmware into the linux-firmware repository.

The license text can be found there as well. Please check:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/?id=3123d78e09d2f... 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex

this is proprietary software, one can look at

meta-fsl-arm/SCR-4.1.15-1.1.0_ga.txt at master · Freescale/meta-fsl-arm · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alexsmirnov
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

thank you for the quick reply. I've analyzed everything you've pointed me to, but information is a bit frustrated.

Let me summarize my questions in the list:

1. I want to use the following firmware: linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree  in my project. There is no information (nor README, nor in git log), which license has exactly this binary.

2. In the link you provided: meta-fsl-arm/SCR-4.1.15-1.1.0_ga.txt at master · Freescale/meta-fsl-arm · GitHub , there is a section:

--------------------------------------------

Package:                   firmware-imx-5.4.bin

Outgoing License:    LA_OPT_BASE_LICENSE v12 March 2016

License Files:           COPYING: LA_OPT_BASE_LICENSE v12 March 2016

Package Category:  BSP

Type of content:       Binaries

Description and comments: BSP firmware - SDMA, VPU

Release Location:    Freescale Yocto Project mirror

Origin:                      Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
                                 Chips & Media, Inc.

--------------------------------------------

which describes SDMA BSP firmware. But according to this text, this license is applied to package: firmware-imx-5.4.bin. I haven't found the origin link to this package. Also I suppose that I'm not able to use binary from the previous bullet with such references.

3. Does NXP provides the pair: firmware and license in a single package, or at least web page with hard links between firmware binary version and license text version?

0 Kudos