Need information on API for the USB tether

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information on API for the USB tether

christopherpass
Contributor I

We have a Forth implementation that runs on TI MSP430 standard and ARM based PoSC's.  Efforts are being made to finalize implementation on both the Cypress and Zilog ARM parts.  TI, Cypress and Zilog provide an API to access the USB shim that controls the debug interface and serial comms to/from the target USB tether.  Their IDE's access the target thru the same API - Each has a different API of course.

We seek info on what API is available for NXP tethered parts so we can port Forth here also.

Thx.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Christopher,

In almost all NXP's MCU evaluaction board(TWR or FRDM), there is a openSDA port which work as the Debug interface. It's not only a JTAG/SWD adaptor, but also can work as a serial port simultaneously, no need for wiring-up a cable.

Please visit www.freescale.com/opensda to get the information and source code of the debugger.

Regards

0 Kudos

christopherpass
Contributor I

No Sir.  For TI and Code Composer Studio (their IDE) all communications with the `USB Tethered Target' is thru their Debug API which is also the USB interface driver.  The Target is controlled thru its JTag port.  The Debug API also provides a back-channel serial port to communicate with the Target - No need for wiring-up a cable.  Zilog, Digi and Cypress implementations have similar functionality.  The API for the USB/Tether provides the ability to program and optionally debug the Target.  The TI implementation even allows you to set the Target operating power voltage allowing you to debug the Target in `low power modes'.  So I seek the API information for the NXP USB/Tether.

Rgards.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Christopher,

Do you mean that there is a debug program in the MCU and you want a virtual serial port to connect with ther debug program?

Regards

0 Kudos