cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen rotation in iMX6SoloX

Maddis
Contributor IV

Hi,

We have imx6sx based hw with 240x320 display connected to lcdif1 and there is need to rotate the picture at least 90 deg maybe even 270. How to do that in imx6sx since it doesn't have IPU?

I found mention about PxP, but only examples I found were rotating video and not actual screen. Also I got impression that it was done with SW not by HW. Is it even possible?

Are there examples how to rotate screen instead of video?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

sujay1
Contributor V

In u-boot

editenv mmcroot

at the end add: fbcon=rotate:1

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

It seems that PxP rotation is not meant to be used with synchronous LCD since it'll use DMA . It's meant mostly for eInk displays where the update rate is way lower. So, that's a dead end of PxP rotation.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mc

There are some examples available for rotation using PXP at unit tests (imx-test package), of latest Linux BSP

Also gstreamer on MX6SX support video  PXP convert plugin and rotation.

Regards

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

I actually found pxp-test from imx-test -package. It failed to built orignally, but it didn't cause any errors so I missed it completely. 

That seems to rotate image, but it does it for EPDC and static image. I tried to modify it to work with the display we have in LCDIF, but that didn't work out too well. All I get screen that gets filled with black one vertical line after another. This might be what I need, but I'm not sure how to get that working the way I need it.

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

The problem here is, like I tried to emphasize on first post, that I want to rotate the screen (ie. application/desktop etc.) and not show video and rotate that.

I already found the imx-test - package and it has the PXP - test, but it rotates shown video and not the screen itself ie. I cannot use it for example with QT applications to rotate the application output.

0 Kudos