Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing uboot onto P1024 without JTAG

Jump to solution
pavankumarg
Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently using a P1024RDB .The board currently uses boot image from NOR flash. Does the P1024RDB support flashing of u-boot onto the board without a JTAG (serial or other methods if any). I want to flash my own u-boot image on the board for testing the peripherals.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

U-boot itself can program NOR flash. U-boot may download image into memory, erase flash and write image to the flash. Please see

https://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootInstallUsingUBoot Check u-boot commands

The P1024RDB NOR flash can be split into two logical halves by setting the FBANK_SEL signal. The FBANK_SEL signal is controlled by setting SW4[8]. It also has NAND flash. So you can write your u-boot image without erasing the original.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

U-boot itself can program NOR flash. U-boot may download image into memory, erase flash and write image to the flash. Please see

https://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootInstallUsingUBoot Check u-boot commands

The P1024RDB NOR flash can be split into two logical halves by setting the FBANK_SEL signal. The FBANK_SEL signal is controlled by setting SW4[8]. It also has NAND flash. So you can write your u-boot image without erasing the original.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos